Obsidian tides will be nature's bane.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Chelsea Wolfe - Unknown Rooms: A Collection of Acoustic Songs

Artist: Chelsea Wolfe
Album: Unknown Rooms: A Collection of Acoustic Songs
Release Date: October 16th, 2012
Country: USA (Los Angeles, CA)
Genre: Folk/acoustic

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving, and even though I don't know when I am officially allowed to say this (this might be far too early), but Happy Holidays! Sorry that I haven't posted anything in a while: I've been caught up in schoolwork and going home for Turkey Day. I think the total consumed was in the realm of about 4000 calories in one hour... but I digress. I'll be back and active on this blog for a while, and from now on I'll post something when I know I'll be away for a bit. So without further ado, as a welcome back we have here Californian experimental singer-songwriter Chelsea Wolfe's latest effort. As can probably be deduced from the title, this album is much more stripped down than much of her other stuff, but it's just as good and it really fits the Fall-Winter transitional period mood well. Finally, it's just under 25 minutes long, so there's no reason not to give this a try.

Tracklist, sample song, and download can be found after the jump. 

Flatlands

1. Flatlands (4:01)
2. The Way We Used To (2:48)
3. Spinning Centers (3:09)
4. Appalachia (3:11)
5. I Died With You (0:32)
6. Boyfriend (3:52)
7. Our Work Was Good (1:53)
8. Hyper Oz (2:33)
9. Sunstorm (2:56)

Duration - 24:50

Bandcamp/buy
folk music that metalheads seem to get a collective boner for

No comments:

Post a Comment