Obsidian tides will be nature's bane.

Monday, November 12, 2012

SotW 11/12/12: Amenra - Nowena | 9.10

Artist: Amenra
Song: Nowena | 9.10
Album: Mass V (2012)

Yes, I know this is the second week in a row in which I've posted a track from the upcoming album Mass V (11/26/12, Neurot Recordings) from Belgian sludge metal band Amenra, but I just can't help it. Seriously, the more of this album I hear - they've actually released three of its four songs already, not counting a 5th track that will be on the vinyl edition - the more I'm convinced that it will not only be the best post-metal album of the year: it will also be one of its best albums, period. "Nowena" continues this trend of awesomeness, this time with a guest vocal contribution from some guy named Scott Kelly. It's also worth noting that this seems to be a shortened version of the song, as other sources list it as being a bit over nine minutes in total duration.

God damn it, I can barely contain my excitement. The 26th can not come quickly enough.By the way, the video is just as awesome and creepy (if not more so) than the one for "Boden." It's definitely worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment